The aims at Ferndale Primary School are the same for all pupils. Within a caring, positive, disciplined and safe environment and in partnership with parents and governors the school seeks:
The Aims of Ferndale Primary School.
As a school, we promise to:
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children
- Value and respect each child as an individual
- Offer a broad & balanced curriculum for pupils of all abilities
- Promote high standards of behaviour so we can maintain a safe and purposeful learning environment for all children;
- Keep parents informed about what is happening in school
- Encourage high expectations and pride in achievement
- Promote good relationships and develop a sense of personal responsibility
- Inform parents of the progress and welfare of their child, including an annual written report
- Listen to pupils’ and parents’ views and concerns.
Our ‘Learning 9’
Our learning 9 was designed by the staff in our school, based on the learning behaviours and skills that we believe will enable the children to become life – long learners. Teachers plan carefully to ensure that there are opportunities to use and develop these skills and they are discussed regularly in assemblies.
In key stage 1 we have linked them to a story character, making it easier for the children to relate to them. In key stage 2 the children are able to peer and self-assess against a criteria linked to our metal differentiation system. Our learning 9 are: