The aims at Ferndale Primary School are the same for all pupils. Within a caring, inclusive, positive, disciplined and safe environment and in partnership with parents and governors the school will:
The Aims of Ferndale Primary School.
• provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children to reach their potential
• value and respect each child as an individual across our diverse school community
• offer a broad & balanced curriculum for our pupils
• promote high standards of behaviour so we can maintain a safe and purposeful learning environment where all children flourish
• promote a culture of inclusivity and tolerance where diversity is celebrated; children are encouraged to be kind and nurturing towards one another
• keep parents informed about what is happening in school
• encourage high expectations and pride in achievement in all aspects of school life
• promote good relationships and develop a sense of personal responsibility
• inform parents of the progress and welfare of their child, including an annual written report
• listen to pupils’ and parents’ views and concerns.
Our ‘Learning 9’
Our learning 9 was designed by the staff in our school, based on the learning behaviours and skills that we believe will enable the children to become life – long learners. Teachers plan carefully to ensure that there are opportunities to use and develop these skills and they are discussed regularly in assemblies.
In key stage 1 we have linked them to a story character, making it easier for the children to relate to them. In key stage 2 the children regularly reflect on what these behaviours and skills look like and who has demonstrated them. Our learning 9 are: