Ferndale Primary School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children in our care.
We have an expectation that all staff and visitors to our school will behave in a way which ensures our children are safeguarded at all times. This expectation involves a duty for any safeguarding concerns to be reported.
If you are concerned about the welfare of any child or vulnerable adult then please discuss this with
DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING LEAD (DSL):
Mrs R Sutton: 0121 357 3326
or the DEPUTY DSLs:
Mrs R Gillett
Mrs N Poole
Mr B Sansom
Miss C Sykes
Mrs C Hall
Mrs J O’Connor
Our Safeguarding Governor is Mr S Sparkes
Information from Sandwell Council about what to do if you think a child is at risk is available by clicking here.
If you think a child is in immediate danger then you should contact the police 999
or Sandwell Council Children’s Social Care Team: 0121 569 3100
If children are unhappy they can speak to
Childline: 0800 1111 or NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware
- Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse.
- They should not attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised.
- They should involve the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) immediately.
- If the DSL is not available a Deputy DSL should be contacted.
- Disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time.
- If there are any concerns about a member of staff, this must be shared with the Head Teacher and not the DSL.
Safeguarding Advice and Support
- DfE Keeping Children Safe Hub
- Sandwell Children’s Safeguarding Partnership
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance
- MIND Mental health support for children and young people
- Parent Info advice for living in a digital world
- PACE (Parents Against Child Exploitation)
- Kooth Free, safe & anonymous online support for children and young people